2 Pocket Gel Pack - Chilled Packaging Coolant
- Code: 318170
- Dimensions: 170 mm x 170 mm
- Pack: 20
- Buy 6 packs+ for £6.20 £7.44
- Buy 21 packs+ for £5.88 £7.06
- Buy 50 packs+ for £5.55 £6.66
2 Pocket Gel Pack - Chilled Packaging Coolant.
About the 2 Pocket Gel Pack - Chilled Packaging Coolant.
Chilled packaging, sometimes called temperature controlled packaging or thermal packaging, is a type of packaging used for shipping temperature sensitive products like food or pharmaceuticals.
At Macfarlane Packaging, we stock a range of chilled packaging solutions, including coolants. Coolant is used to make sure the temperature in your packaging remains low during transit. Coolants for chilled packaging are normally frozen before use and packed on top of goods, as cold air moves down. We sell our popular gel pack coolants online, including this 2 Pocket Gel Pack.
This gel pack coolant is 170 mm x 170 mm and is sold in packs of 32 units. Each 2 Pocket Gel Pack coolant weighs 500g. Our gel packs are made with highly purified water that has been through a 6-stage filtration, UV sterilisation, softening and chlorination process. This means they're less susceptible to deformations - allowing the packs to remain more uniform, when used with our chilled packaging shipping kits.
When used with either our CooliMate® or RecycoolMe shippers, this coolant can help maintain in-pack temperatures below -5°C or between 2°C to 8°C for up to 48 hours. The contents of Macfarlane's gel pack coolants are safe to be disposed of down sinks and drains. The outer film can then be recycled with bags at large supermarkets.
Gel packs are just one type of coolant Macfarlane Packaging can provide as part of our extensive chilled packaging range. If you're interested in other coolants like ice packs, Sorbatek or Hydro-Freeze contact us today for more information.
Frequently asked questions about our 2 Pocket Gel Pack - Chilled Packaging Coolant:
• What size is this chilled packaging solution? Each 2 Pocket Gel Pack - Chilled Packaging Coolant is 170 mm x 170 mm.
• How many temperature controlled packaging gel packs do I get? Our 2 Pocket Gel Packs are sold in packs of 32.
• What packaging should I use this coolant with? Our gel packs are suitable for using with both our CooliMate® and RecycoolMe chilled packaging shipping kits.
• Can this thermal packaging coolant be recycled? The outer film used to make our gel packs can be recycled. The coolant inside the film needs to be disposed of down the sink or drain, before the film is recycled with bags at large supermarkets.
What is the Environmental Impact Rating of this 2 Pocket Gel Pack - Chilled Packaging Coolant?
• Recyclable? Recycle with bags at large supermarkets
• Recycling code: 4 (LDPE)
• Recycled content? 0%