Choose bottle boxes from Macfarlane Packaging to safely ship your bottles without damage
The drinks industry has experienced huge growth online across the beer, wine and champagne, specialty soft drinks and the spirits sectors. As more and more consumers shop online for drinks, it's important for online retailers to use the right packaging materials. Especially if they’re shipping glass bottles. No one wants to receive a broken bottle in the post!
At Macfarlane Packaging we have curated a wide range of bottle boxes and bottle packaging so retailers can ship their beverage safely.
Our extensive range includes cardboard bottle boxes with dividers, eco-friendly bottle packaging like Flexi-Hex®, and solutions that offer high levels of protection like Airsac® inflatable packaging and polystyrene. We’ve even got a range of UPS certified bottle packaging, that’s great for shipping bottles domestically, as well as exporting.
You’ll discover that our bottle box range includes a number of different sizes that are suited to bottles up to 70cl, as well as smaller options for beer and cider style bottles. Our wine bottle boxes are available for 1, 2, 3, 6 or 12 bottles and will give you the peace of mind your products will arrive in pristine condition.
What sort of bottle boxes for shipping can Macfarlane Packaging offer?
Our extensive range of bottle boxes is used widely by couriers and retailers. Our bottle boxes and drinks packaging range includes:
- Airsac® wine and beer bottle boxes – Airsac is an inflatable packaging option that provides great shock absorption during transit. You can buy just the sleeves or the kits which include cardboard boxes for bottles, as well as the inflatable protective bags.
- Flexi-Hex® - this unique bottle packaging features an expanding honeycomb sleeve that fits securely around bottles to protect them in transit. It’s 100% kerbside recyclable too and can be composted. Available with outer boxes for easy posting.
- UPS Approved Bottle Packaging – designed by Macfarlane Packaging in conjunction with UPS and Sealed Air, these packs are perfect for spirit bottles that come in different sizes. If you have a UPS shipping account and use these bottle boxes, you can claim the cost of any damages from UPS.
- Polystyrene Bottles Packaging – we offer a range of traditional polystyrene bottle packaging for 1, 2 or 3 bottles. A classic option that provides good protection.
- Cardboard bottle boxes with dividers - a simple and effective way to ship bottles with ease.
Which bottle packaging is best?
The answer to this question will depend on your business! We suggest you consider the below when decidin which bottle packaging is best:
- The weight of your bottles
- How many bottles you’ll be sending in each pack
- The courier you choose to use (they may have specific bottle packaging requirements)
- If you want your packaging to be recyclable or reusable
Comparing Different Bottle Boxes and Bottle Packaging
|Criteria / Material||Airsac®||Flexi-Hex®||UPS Approved Bottle Packaging||Polystyrene||Cardboard Boxes with Dividers|
|Protection||High protection, absorbs shock||High protection around sides of bottle, does not cover the base of bottle||Good protection when used properly. Damage guarantee available.||Good protection, but doesn’t absorb shocks as well as other products||Some protection, stops bottles touching in transit, but does not have cushioning|
|Storage||Minimal storage. Airsac is stored flat and inflated upon use||Low storage footprint. Flexi-Hex® expands into a sleeve when needed||Easy to store with reasonably low storage footprint||High storage footprint, polystyrene can be bulky to store and take up space||Using boxes and dividers can mean more space is used vs. other solutions|
|Recycling||Airsac can be recycled at bag collection points. Boxes recyclable at kerbside.||100% recyclable at kerbside||Outer box can be recycled at kerbside if the inner retention film is removed||Polystyrene cannot be recycled. Outer box can be recycled at kerbside.||
100% recyclable at kerbside
Can Macfarlane Packaging help with custom bottle packaging?
Yes, if you can’t find what you're looking for in our online range, we can help you with custom bottle packaging, including branded bottle boxes. Contact us for more information.